The Accessible Content Working Group and the IS Technology Accessibility Team, as part of the Technology Accessibility Program (TAP), wish to congratulate and thank all those who participated in the first year of our Extreme Makeover: PDF Edition!
WFU colleagues, both faculty and staff, enrolled 21 sites or courses in the Makeover. Faculty and staff participants enthusiastically engaged in efforts to reduce inaccessible PDFs and make their digital documents more accessible and inclusive, and learned new skills to continue to enhance their digital document content into the future. We thank all of the participants for being allies for accessibility!
Our 2021 awards for efforts during the Makeover are:
- Best Office Renovation Award (for the most PDFs removed, reformatted, or remediated from a site): Human Resources
- Best Classroom Renovation Award (for the faculty participant with the most PDFs removed, reformatted, or remediated in a course): Professor Lynn Neal, Department for the Study of Religions
- Best Curb Appeal Award (for the lowest number of PDFs remaining at the end of the Makeover): Information Systems
- Best Historical Renovation Award (for eliminating the oldest PDF): Department of Education
- DIY Skill Builder Award (for the most time participating in Makeover group sessions): Office of Online Education
- Best Remodeling Plan Award (for the greatest number of PDFs marked for removal and reformatting): Alumni
- Best Overall Transformation Award (for the highest percentage of PDFs removed or reformatted): Admissions
Participants in the Extreme Makeover: PDF Edition are encouraged to display the associated digital badge below:
- December 13, 2021
- May 19, 2021
- March 31, 2021